Nursing Associate - 12 month FTC
Nursing Associate - Outpatients | Band 4 equivalent | Spire Little Aston| Sutton Coldfield | Full Time - 12 Month FTC
Due to expansion in our services, Spire Little Aston Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Nursing Associate in the Outpatients department to work closely with healthcare support workers and registered nurses to deliver care for patients. The successful applicant will work in a team that provides high quality evidence-based nursing care in ward-based settings. This particular role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and requires a full time member of staff to work a variety of shifts.
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will support in assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient's needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the team on the surgical ward in the provision of exemplary patient care
- Contributing to the support and monitoring of patients
- Perform clinical observations like monitoring blood pressure, glucose levels, pulse, temperature, and respiratory activity and recording them
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Identifying and reporting any significant changes that might affect the patient's health and well-being to the appropriate person
- Discussing and sharing information with registered nurses on a patients' condition, behaviour, activity and responses
- Ensure confidentiality of individuals' information and their safety and dignity
- To work in tandem with the Consultants.
- To chaperone and assist Consultants during patient examinations and any minor surgical procedures.
- You will be joining a well-established team, who have a strong working environment and will have access to numerous training opportunities that will enable you to further develop your potential.
- The provision of exemplary planned care for patients and assisting in the management and organisation of care provision in a range of hospital settings.
- Assisting with the movement of patients in line with hospital policies
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 2 years post-graduation experience
- Must have Wound care, Dressings, Phlebotomy experience
- Current experience of working as a Nurse Associate or Senior Healthcare Assistant in a hospital environment
- Experience in : ECGs, taking blood/blood pressures and patient observations
- Good team work ethic
- Enthusiastic and energetic professional
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Lukala Weber on or 07516 506185
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications