Nursery Nurse- Childcare Assistant
Nursery Nurse- Childcare Assistant
Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust- The Sunshine Day Nursery
We are all NHS Professionals... could you be?
Work the days you want to work
Could you be an NHS Professional?
Are you searching for a career/job that gives you control of your day, time and location?!
We are NHS Professionals (NHSP), working together to care for patients in the NHS. Providing you with the power to decide when, how, and where you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle and making you feel part of the team and community. As a member, you’ll have fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go – access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
- Multi-locational - work across neighbouring Trusts
- First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust – access before they are made available to agency
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
- Training and development opportunities
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Stakeholder pension scheme available
*These pay rates are subject to seasonal incentives and may change*
Sheffield Teaching NHS Foundation Trust
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, provides a full range of hospital and community services for people in Sheffield and the surrounding areas. As one of the UK’s busiest and most successful NHS foundation Trusts, the Trust provides a number of specialist medical and surgical services, including cancer treatment, spinal injuries, neurology, cardiology and stereotactic radiosurgery. Excellent transport links mean the Trust is commutable from numerous locations including Leeds, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Chesterfield and Doncaster.
The Sunshine Day Nursery and the Sunshine Holiday Club provide a high quality childcare service predominantly for employees of the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and other NHS Organisations. This assists the Trust in meeting Equal Opportunities and flexible working objectives by caring for employee’s children in a safe, stimulating and interesting environment.
What you’ll be responsible for Skills and responsibilities:
- To work as part of an effective team in providing high quality childcare for children attending the Day Nursery / Holiday Club based on a philosophy of family type care.
- To promote a safe, caring and inclusive environment to enable each child to grow and develop within its own potential through self led learning.
- To ensure policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To support in providing an interesting and stimulating environment which is well organised and facilitates independence and resourcefulness for the children. To develop quality activities and role play situations, inside and outside which provide an interesting, inclusive and stimulating environment.
- To provide excellent care and educational opportunities for the children within your care.
- To promote the highest level of safeguarding through observing children and to report any findings to the relevant person, in keeping with and heeding timescales within nursery policy or as determined by the DSL, SENCO and the Management Team. Attend meetings as deemed necessary regarding children and provide feedback on a need to know basis.
You’ll have the following qualification/experience:
- Have a minimum of 6 months paid experience in Nursery Childcare within the last 2 years.
- To maintain full compliance with EYFS, OFSTED registration and any other legislation and local authority requirements.
- To have an awareness of Free Early Learning.
- To keep updated in all current and Trust legislation and regulations and ensure they are adhered to.
- To become acquainted with and competent in carrying out the Nursery/Trust Policies and Procedures for the efficient day to day running of the Nursery. To be responsible for ensuring they are personally up to date with policy and procedure updates which are delivered via staff meetings and team briefings.
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in places to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities' organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £10.42-£19.07 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sheffield: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Nursery: 1 year (preferred)
- Nursery experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
- Management: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person