Nurse / RGN
Role Responsibility: G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We now have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RGN) to join our Healthcare team at Gatwick IRCs.
Benefits as a Registered Nurse (RGN):
- Salary of GBP29,937.76 per annum - 2 years or less post qualification experience or GBP35,481.80 per annum - 2 years or more post qualification experience
- Golden Hello of GBP1500* (GBP500 on joining; GBP1000 after 12 months)
- Free Parking
- Subsidised on-site canteen
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees which is professional, caring and dedicated. Our healthcare provision is equivalent to that available in the community and includes: GP and nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, physiotherapy, mental health, substance misuse and sexual health. These are all delivered within a comprehensive clinical governance framework through the G4S Clinical Governance panel.
The Ideal Candidate: Essential Skills for a Registered Nurse / RGN:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable Skills for a Registered Nurse / RGN:
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
As part of the recruitment process it is a requirement to complete a telephone interview and if shortlisted you will be interviewed onsite
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.