Nurse - Peadiatric/Learning Disability
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse (Peadiatric Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse) to join our well- established team!
Oakhill Secure Training Centre (STC) is an 80 bedded secure establishment that holds males from 12-17 years old. We provide healthcare services in line with the NHS including GP, Dentist, Optician, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry. We also provide Immunisations, Sexual health clinics and Young Fatherhood programs. We provide assessments using the Comprehensive assessment tool (CHATS) that are utilized across the youth secure estate. The team is made up of RNLDs, RMNs, and RGNs RCNs.
Benefits as a Nurse:
- Salary of GBP28,512.16 - (Less than 2 years' experience) or GBP33,792.19 (More than 2 years' experience)
- Golden Hello of GBP1500* (GBP500 on starting; GBP1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a RGN.
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years and must hold an indefinite leave visa as part of the security screening process for this role.