Nurse - Low Secure Mental Health Hospital / Rehabilitation
Staff Nurse ( RMN / RNLD / RGN ) - Low Secure Psychiatric Hospital - GBP1,500 welcome bonus
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Salary: GBP27,300 - GBP34,500 per annum - negotiable depending on your experience
Bonus: GBP1,500 welcome bonus and over time rates (full details listed below)
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference
Shifts: Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
*Preceptorship on offer for all newly qualified nurses*
*GBP1,500 bonus on top of basic salary for all nurses*
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RMN, RNLD, or RGN to work within fantastic Low Secure Psychiatric Hospital situated in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire. The Hospital has an outstanding recent CQC rating.The Hospital has an excellent reputation. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training.
Service Details: This Hospital is a low secure unit for males with mental illnesses and personality disorders. The hospital has 2 wards in total which are both low secure male wards.
- Ward 1 - for males who require stabilisation and support to decrease their levels of challenging behaviour
- Ward 2 - provides continuing care with a focus on rehabilitation, community reintegration and preparing the person to move further along the care pathway, or to community living
Preceptorship Programme : In the case of newly qualified nurses, the hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Shifts : The hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern runs from 7.30am 7.45pm for day shifts and 7.30pm - 7.45am for night shifts. Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
- Sign on bonus of GBP1,500 - GBP500 paid upon joining and GBP1,000 paid on after 6-month probation
- Over time rates for weekends and bank holidays (Mon - Fri - time and a 1/4, Weekends - time and a 1/2, Bank Holidays - double time)
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to GBP2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to GBP4,000
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- Highly subsidised meals
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on or email a copy of your CV to
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.