Job title: Registered Nurse – Residential Care (Full time and Part time)
Hours: 44 hours per week (on roster basis)
Salary: £38,296 – £40,482 per annum (inclusive of unsociable allowance) Salary dependent on experience.
About our client
Our client is a leading specialist in residential care and has been serving the community for over 175 years. It has been rated ‘outstanding’ by the latest CQC report. They offer world class holistic care in a safe, stimulating environment in London.
They offer the following service offers a ‘home from home’ – with kind, compassionate residential, nursing, dementia, respite and end-of-life care.
We want to make excellent care even better
We are looking to recruit Registered Nurses (either RGN or RMN), they provide residential, nursing, dementia and palliative care to nearly 200 older members of the community on this site.
As one of the Nurses you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate a high standard of person-centred care, with a holistic view of the individual needs of each resident. This will involve liaising with residents, relatives, our GPs and the wider multidisciplinary team on site.
You will be responsible for managing the unit in the absence of the Unit Manager, and will be in charge of the unit during your shifts, as well as having longer term supervisory responsibility for allocated junior members of staff.
We know we are already providing excellent care to our residents and we want to work with Nurses who will help us to make that even better; so you will take pride in your profession and value your personal development and continuous improvement of yours and others practice. You will also have the opportunity to undertake student mentorship or mentorship preparation studies as part of our active student placement program
- RGN or RMN qualified with NMC Pin
- Experience of supervising staff in a nursing and/or social care setting. Including assessments, care plans, Mental Capacity Act Essential 6.
- Experience of providing care services to older people with dementia Essential 7. Experience of training and development of staff, including in-service training
- 6 months experience of working with older people (ideally in a care home setting)
- Knowledge and experience of working with dementia and palliative care client groups would be beneficial.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the clinical and social care of older people in end of life, dementia care
- Ability to work on a rostered shift basis, including evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays and to flexibly respond to the requirement to provide twenty-four hour care.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Bicycle Loan
- Health & Fitness facilities onsite
- Flexible Working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training to the best courses
- Free Car Parking
- On site Nursery (discounted)