Nurse - Brain Injury / Neurological Rehabilitation - BRAND NEW S
Staff Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) - Neurological Rehabilitation and Complex Care
Salary: GBP32,000 per annum ( GBP16.40 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience + over time rates
Overtime rates: time and a 1/3 for weekdays, time and 2/3 for weekends
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Options of Days only (7.30am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
*Excellent recent CQC rating*
*Very positive, friendly and supportive work environment*
*Excellent Staff to Patient ratio - 1:1 *
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RGN, RMN, or RNLD to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist inpatient neurological rehabilitation and complex care service for adults with neurological illnesses, Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and spinal cord injuries situated in Middlesbrough. The Service has an excellent recent CQC rating. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant experienced team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training. They have an extremely high staff to patient ratio which is 1:1 on their floors.
Service Details: This Service provides care for adults with a physical disability as a result of an acquired brain injury (ABI) or progressive neurological condition (PNC), spinal cord injury and / or the patients display challenging behaviour.
The Service is a 40 bedded service which has recently been refurbished and relaunched. They currently only have one of their 10 bedded floors open, but are due to open their second 10 bedded floor in September / October 2019.
The Service Manager is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, and is very keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff. There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training.
In the case of newly qualified nurses, the hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Shifts : The Service can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern is 7.30am - 8pm (days) and 7.30pm - 8am (nights). Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
Location : The Service is easily accessed by car and via public transport. They have free on-site parking. They are a 5 minute walk away from Middlesbrough train station and a 10 minute walk away from Middlesbrough central bus station. There is also a college bus you can catch directly to the service. They are very accessible via car from York, Darlington, Stockton and Cleveland.
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Your NMC pin is paid for by the company
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- A buddy system for new starters for extra support
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Free meals on shift
- Excellent staff to patient ratio (usually 1:1 on most units)
- A high number of qualified and experienced nurses on shift
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Option to buy holiday and spread out the payments over a year
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- 7% contribution pension scheme
- Sick pay after your 3 month probation
- Discounts to various retail outlets such as Specsavers
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on or email a copy of your CV to
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.