Nurse - Acquired Brain Injury and Complex Care - Flexible
Nurse - Acquired Brain Injury and Complex Care
Location: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Salary: GBP27,300 - GBP30,000 per annum (GBP14 - GBP15.38 per hour) plus enhancements - Negotiable dependant on earnings
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Options of Days only ( 0730- 1945 ) or Nights only ( 1930 - 0745 ) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
*Very positive, friendly and supportive work environment*
*Excellent Staff to Patient ratio *
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for an RGN, RMN, or RNLD to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and Complex Care Centre situated in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. The Hospital has a good recent CQC rating. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. The are very big on staff development and training. They have an extremely high staff to patient ratio on all of the units. They also have a buddy system where you will have an experienced mentor for support if you would like it when you join the team.
Service Details: This Hospital provides care for patients with a physical disability as a result of an acquired brain injury (ABI) or progressive neurological condition (PNC), learning disability, or mental illness associated with conditions such as epilepsy.
The Hospital is split into 3 units. They have a 15-bedded Huntington's disease unit, 9-bedded unit for females with an ABI or PNC and 26-bedded unit for males with an ABI. Split over 2 clinical areas, providing 13 beds for acute neurobehavioural rehabilitation and 13 beds for slow stream rehabilitation.
The Hospital Manager has been with the company for a substantial amount of time and is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, so would be keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff. There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training.
Shifts : The hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern is 0730- 1945 (days) and 1930 - 0745 (nights) . Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
The regular working pattern full time is as follows:
Week 1 (long week) Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun
Week 2 (Shirt Week) Weds, Thurs
Location : The Hospital is easily accessed by car. They are easy to get to via public transport also - the nearest train station is a short walk and there is a bus right outside. There is lots of free parking on site too
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Your NMC pin is paid for by the company
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- A high number of qualified nurses on shift
- Employee of the month awards - nominated by colleagues
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Payment into the pension scheme
For more information or to apply for the role please call Amy Parker on or email a copy of your CV to
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.