My client is currently looking for qualified RGN's with an active pin for nights for one of their large sized nursing homes.
This role is for Nights and can either be full time at 48 hours or part time at 24 hours.
My client is at the cutting edge of caring for older people. They boast award winning facilities and services and pride themselves on their commitment to continued learning and development.
- To promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs of the residents.
- To demonstrate a clear understanding of the Francis Report and Duty of Candour
- To demonstrate a good understanding of the 6 C's as identified in the Francis report
- To demonstrate leadership of your staff team and to act as a positive role model ensuring your presence is visible within your area of work
- To ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill mix are deployed throughout your area of work
- To ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to their individual need.
- To implement the requirements of the recognised fundamental standards for Care Homes for Older People, published in accordance with the Care Home Act 2008 and 2014 and ensure that all outcomes are met
- To be physically involved in the nursing care of the residents and to meet all residents' individual needs, either personally or through delegation. To take responsibility for and effectively supervise the day to day running of the home, in the absence of the Home Manager/ Deputy Manager or Clinical Lead
- Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team Player
- Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes
- Satisfactory police check and check against the ISA list (where applicable)
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Good understanding of Infection Control
- Good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and DoLS and how it is implemented