Trust Location: Manchester
We are all NHS Professionals... could you be?
We are NHS Professionals (NHSP), working together to care for patients in the NHS. Providing you with the power to decide when, how, and where you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle and making you feel part of the team and community.
As a member, you’ll have fantastic benefits:
· Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
· Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go – access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
· Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
· Multi-locational - work across neighbouring Trusts
· First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust – access before they are made available to agency
· Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
· Training and development opportunities
· Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
· Stakeholder pension scheme available
About the Trust – Rated ‘Good’ in their most recent CQC report, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) provides a wide range of services from comprehensive local general hospital care through to highly specialised regional and national services. As one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, MFT is a leading provider for a significant number of specialised services including cardiac, respiratory, urology cancer, paediatrics, women’s services, ophthalmology and genomic medicine. Located in and around Manchester, there are excellent transport links (local, national, and international) connecting you to Manchester City Centre, the motorway network, and Manchester International Airport. MFT also provides a free shuttle bus service for staff to each site.
What you’ll be responsible for
· On a shift-by-shift basis, be responsible in prioritising, assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating in all relevant aspects of midwifery care to an agreed and expected high standard.
· Ensure there is effective and sensitive communication between the women, babies, and their families and with all the MDT.
· Ensure that patient documentation is appropriate, accountable, and defensible in accordance with Trust and NMC policies, disseminating all relevant changes in the patient’s condition to the MDT.
· Ensure that Child Protection, Vulnerable Adult and Mental Health legislation is adhered to Promote and collaborate in developing good working relationships with internal and external departments to ensure the patient journey is effective and efficient
You’ll have the following qualification/experience:
· A minimum of 6 months paid experience in a Midwifery environment within the last 3 years
· Have completed a 12 month Midwifery preceptorship
· Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in places to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities' organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.