Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
The Priory Hospital Middleton St George is located close to Darlington, County Durham and provides individualised treatment and care for people with mental health needs of adult working age and who present with complex and challenging behaviours, in a safe and supportive environment. Our comprehensive integrated services offer complete care pathways allowing service users to transfer effortlessly between the most appropriate care, meeting individual needs enabling recovery and re-engagement within the community and maximising life opportunities.
Our multi-disciplinary teams provide care for up to 73 male and female service users, working collaboratively with their commissioners, across our wards and our nearby community house. We deliver acute and detoxification services, and a recovery and rehabilitation environment which includes a specialist female Personality Disorder service. Our focus is on the delivery of excellent care, empowering service users to progress towards the least restrictive setting and towards a less restrictive environment and to independent living. Our service users can be amongst the most vulnerable members of society and require sensitive therapeutic interventions that encourage self-awareness, knowledge and empowerment. We offer services for those with a wide range of mental health issues which may include:
- Personality disorder with complex treatment and risk management needs, including factors such as co-morbid mental illness, self-harm or substance misuse
- Mental illness and complex needs
- Primary diagnosis of schizophrenia
- Forensic history, including violence or abuse
- Substance abuse history which requires an inpatient stay
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Health Care Assistants to support our qualified staff with the delivery of care to our patients. You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues. You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people. It is also important that you work well in a team as you will work alongside qualified nurses and staff from other professions.
What we'd like from you:
- Previous experience within a healthcare setting desirable
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and strong "can do" attitude
- Quality orientation
What we'd like to give you:
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Enhanced Maternity pay inline with NHS.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every indiv
£17,010.68 - 17,010.68 per year