Medical Secretary - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare with a network of hospitals across the country. Our aim is to employ the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group offers the prospect for great career progression and development throughout the UK.
Located in Burntstump Country Park in Arnold, North Nottingham - BMI Healthcare's Park Hospital is a fantastic place to work. With 85 private bedrooms, 5 theatres and an Intensive care unit we provide a wide range of treatments from routine investigations to complex surgery across many specialties. We are also the home of The Park Cancer Centre providing chemotherapy and radiotherapy services to cancer patients from Nottingham and surrounding areas. We are very proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC with every one of our 250 employees working together to deliver exceptional patient outcomes.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Medical Secretaries department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
This position is for a fixed term period of 12 Months only to cover Maternity Leave.
Please see attached Job Description for further detailed responsibilities & accountabilities of this role.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- AMSPAR qualified (or equivalent Medical Secretarial qualifications, including Medical Terminology and audio typing skills) preferable
- GSCE English and Maths C and above.
- Experience within a similar role in a Medical Environment
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- High level of IT and keyboard skills.
- Good organisation and analytical skills
- Secretarial qualificaton essential.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a first class administrative and secretarial support service to consultants. To promote and maintain a professional and efficient service to patients, GP's, colleagues and external contracts.
- To be aware of the confidentiality of the work, understanding and respecting the needs of the above groups.
- Support the clinic, dealing with all the requests and enquiries received from the consultants and associates via telephone, letter and email.
- To use a number of systems efficiently dependant on which consultant you are working for. These include but not restricted to ultragenda, IPM, practice manager, PeopleSoft.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive starting salary. Employee benefits also include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Private health insurance, discounted gym membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our Perks at Work scheme - we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available to Radiographers in the private sector.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Phillippa Gibbons on or Leanne Fisher on .