Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN - Fraserview Retirement Community
Pro Vita is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Richmond.
Company Name: Pro Vita Care Management
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 32101)
Location of Work: 9580 Williams Road, Richmond, V7A 1H2
Term of Employment: Part-time, Casual
Part-time: 2 days on 4 days off, 10:30pm - 6:30am, 17.5 hours/week
Casual: Days vary, 0630am - 2:30pm, 2:30pm-10:30pm, 10:30pm -6:30pm
Wage*: $28.43 - $32.98 /hour
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
- Completes online learning (wound care modules, MDS, OFA Level 1, WHMIS) from the learning hub.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse