Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN - Inglewood Care Centre
Pro Vita is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in West Vancouver.
Company Name: Pro Vita Care Management
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 32101)
Location of Work: 725 Inglewood Ave, West Vancouver, V7T 1X5
Term of Employment: Full-time, Part-time
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, 3pm-11pm, 35 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, 11pm-7am, 35 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, rotation between 7am-3pm & 10am-6pm, 35 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, 10am-6pm, 35 hours/week
Part-time: 2 days off & 4 days off, 3pm-11pm, 15 hours/week
Wage*: $28.43 - $32.98 /hour
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse