LPN Care Manager (PV2093)
Care Manager - Century Park
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced LPN Care Manager with a passion for the elderly to join our team, at a Long Term Care Facility in Vegreville, Alberta.
- Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm, with flexibility on evenings and weekends to meet operational needs.
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
Care Manager Must Haves:
- Current nursing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNM).
- CPR (Level C).
- Occupational First Aid (Level 1).
- Three to five years of recent related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required (monitoring of evening and night shift and weekends).
- Proficiency with Health Informatics systems such as Minimum Data Set (MDS), Gold Care or other
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Care Manager Responsibilities:
- 50% of their time assisting staff in direct supervision; Manages contracted care staff by performing duties such as
- interviewing, hiring and orientation;
- scheduling and coordinating work assignments,
- providing direction and coaching,
- evaluating performance,
- discipline and termination.
- Through hands on assistance, monitor clinical skill levels of care staff, develop corrective plans to address issues and implement changes to ensure care standards are adhered to.
- Through hands on assistance, monitor food quality / service and support services staff, develop corrective plans to address issues and implement changes and ensure they are meeting Accommodation standards.
- Complete performance evaluations on all care employees and administrative staff prior to at probation, and annually/biannually thereafter, as per facility protocol. Ensuring the Annual Performance Evaluation policies are reviewed and signed.
- Develop resident care quality improvement goals in collaboration with the AHS team and the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Coordinates, in conjunction with the Case Coordinators, Social Worker and General Manager, admission and discharge planning, identifying utilization issues and referring unresolved issues to AHS.
- In conjunction with AHS Case Coordinators and other disciplinary team members, maintains/updates resident Assessment and records to maintain confidentiality, monitoring and ensuring consistency and quality of resident records. Also discharge and transfer of clients and assessment of client continued suitability at facility.
- Ensure compliance with all government, employment and industry laws, regulations and requirements by staying informed of changes and their impact on the organization and its goals.
- If/as required, provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications and medical treatments using skills of empathy and therapeutic communication.
- Ensure all Clinical and Human Resource audits are completed as required and posted on SharePoint.
- Any Audits proving not to meet minimum standards must be accompanied with an Action plan to remedy with time lines and discussed with Operations Manager and Quality Assurance Director. These audits are for both Care and Support Services side.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education to Care Staff as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!