Lecturer in Children and Young Peoples Nursing
Opportunity ID 529
Opportunity Closing Date 01/09/2022, 23:55
Primary Location Salford - Frederick Road Campus
School or Business Unit School of Health & Society
Contract Type Full Time Permanent
A bit about the School of Health & Society…
Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery and allied health professional education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry is stronger than ever and we're proud to have more partnerships with SMEs than any other Greater Manchester University. It's everything we do and the way we do everything.
So what will the role involve?
- Contribute to the planning and development of high-quality teaching materials of the pre-registration undergraduate and post registration nursing programmes
- Supporting students in their learning and development journey by supervising projects, including field trips and placements where appropriate
- Take a lead in your own area of expertise and develop new ideas to meet the needs of the modern world
- Contribute to our thinking and be challenging on how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using approaches to inclusive assessment to close the award gap
If you are interested in this position, you are very welcome to contact Jane Roberts Head of CYP Nursing at J.F.Roberts@salford.ac.uk for an informal discussion.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - and excellent pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave - plus the ability to buy additional holiday days
- Flexible, agile and hybrid working - we support a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements
- Professional development - a comprehensive package of personal development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Inclusion, for all of us– With over 200 languages spoken across Greater Manchester, we want to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment, celebrating the diversity of our University community in our everyday conversations. Our student population is already incredibly diverse and we want to ensure this is reflected across our colleague profile as well.
- Wellbeing support - dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
- Greater Manchester - Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleagues, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.