Learning Disabiltiies Nurse
Learning Disabilities Nurse
- Halifax HX3
- GBP21,000.00 - GBP26,000.00 per year
- 37.5 Hours p/wk
(5 working days / evenings in every 7 days on a rota basis to cover a 24 hour support service)
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Registered Learning Disability Nurse.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dedicated Nurse, who can work on their own initiative and as part of our team. To provide personalised support for adults with learning disabilities, helping them to lead meaningful, productive lives and participate fully within their local community.
to provide the highest level of specialist care to our service users, promote personalisation and independence, deliver comprehensive assessment and treatment, provide leadership and support to the care team, to make a significant difference to the lives of others whilst enhancing your existing skills, household duties, personal care, involvement in person centred planning, training and supporting with activities.
- You will be responsible for documenting any observations alongside the person's care plan to form part of the multidisciplinary team.
- You will be attending meetings to ensure the best possible outcomes can be achieved in respect of health, social need and person centred aspirations.
- You will be working with service users on a needs led basis and delivering specific support needs alongside the person's care plan
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Emotional and mental strength
- Ability to build good rapport with service users, outside agencies and staff.
- Patience and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- High levels of self-motivation and confidence
- Highly organised
Registered learning disability Nurse with a current Pin Number, Full induction training is provided and continuous support with NMC Revalidation
Have experience working with an adult mental health client group
Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, an understanding of latest nursing practices and are able to deputise in a clinical lead role
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY