Careers focused on people
Spire Murrayfield - located in Edinburgh is looking for a Part Time Infection Prevention Control Lead to join our well established team. This role is based across both of our Edinburgh Hospital sites within a supportive and knowledgeable department, where our team covers a whole range of surgery including major orthopaedics, ophthalmology and procedures within our JAG accredited Endoscopy suite.
Spire Murrayfield was established as a purpose built hospital in 1984, conveniently located in the west of Edinburgh. In 2015, we completed a £1million refurbishment of our consulting rooms. In 2010 we opened Shawfair Park Hospital, a day case facility, based in south east Edinburgh. Our well established team thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive. Each of our hospitals practice some of the most advanced treatments supported by the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, keyhole surgery, cardiology and cancer care. Caring for our patients is at the heart of what we do.? We provide expert medical care in modern, well-equipped hospitals for all of our patients. Both of our hospitals have free onsite parking.
About the role
This role will be for 16 hours a week, with a great deal of flexibility as to when the hours are worked.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services, you will be responsible for the co-ordination and development of a quality infection prevention and control service in Murrayfield and Shawfair Park Hospitals, providing leadership, support and guidance to all staff and ensuring a patient focused service.
The post holder will demonstrate a high level of autonomy to challenge inappropriate practice and must demonstrate clinical decision-making to assist in containing and reducing the incidence of infection through risk assessment, surveillance, audit, intervention and education.
Duties and responsibilities
- To act as a role model and clinical expert within the speciality of infection prevention and control across both sites
- Provide access to expert, evidence-based clinical advice on matters relating to infection control and hospital hygiene
- Provide advice concerning the treatment and/or care of patients
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Infection Prevention and Control Strategy, leading to the effective control of hospital infection commensurate with patient case mix, facilities and resources
Who we're looking for
- First level registered nurse with degree level or equivalent experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Infection Control Nursing or equivalent or have achieved IPS infection control competencies.
- The IPC Lead will have the appropriate knowledge and skills to take responsibility for infection prevention to perform the role of IPC Lead
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.