ICU Outreach Nurse - Band 6
The London Clinic is one of the UK's largest independently owned non-profit hospital, and we have been providing exceptional care since 1932. We have 8 premises, where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
We have exciting opportunities for an ICU Outreach Staff Nurse to join our ICU Department and work across The London Clinic's main hospital site in Central London, W1G 6BW
The London Clinic Intensive Care Unit is a thirteen bedded state-of-the-art facility with modern technology and equipment which provides you the optimal working conditions to look after your patients. It is known for its single rooms with natural lightning and an extraordinary nursing staffing model.
The London Clinic Outreach Team is part of the Intensive Care Nursing Team. As an independent sub-team, the service provided is nurse led and offers support and guidance to nurses in all ward areas, in relation to patients who have been discharged from Intensive Care, or who are at risk of deteriorating whilst in the ward environment. This is the only Independent Sector Outreach Team in London to provide a 24h service.
As an ICU Outreach Nurse (Band 6), you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week. This position has a competitive salary up to GBP48,000 (depending upon experience), alongside a comprehensive benefits package including: contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 17%); Private Medical Healthcare; 25 day's annual leave; season ticket travel loan and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently act as a specialist resource to provide critical care expertise to the multidisciplinary team, irrespective of patients' clinical speciality or presenting condition, acting as an emergency resource via bleep system to calls for support to Level 1 adult patients;
- Make suggestions for patient management through analysis of available information and initiate referrals to multidisciplinary specialists as judged appropriate;
- Provide follow-up care to patients transferred from critical care to ward areas.
- Participate as a member of the Resuscitation Team, by responding and providing care in emergency situations;
- Evaluate the nursing service and ensure agreed Clinic's standards are adhered to.
- Assist in the identification of educational needs of the MDT in relation to critical care skills within the Clinic.
- Participate in ward staff education and development, and act as mentor and resource for learners within the nursing team and the multi-disciplinary team
- Submit, and investigate accidents, incidents (Datix) and complaints, implementing corrective actions where necessary, in consultation with the unit management;
- Contribute to the management, support of the daily activities, leadership and strategy of the Unit.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Adult Nurse with up-to-date NMC registration
- At least 5 years experience
- Clinical experience within an ITU/ICU/Critical Care department or Outreach
- ITU/Critical Care Qualification
- Mentorship/Management Qualification
- Strong Communication skills
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service. We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.