The primary purpose of this position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Director of Environmental Services.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident and recreational areas, etc., as instructed.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Ensure that areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times.
- Assure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting solutions, etc.