Hospice IPU Staff Nurse
Registered Nurse Band 5 - AFC banding points 16-23
Salary: £30,786 - £37,841 (plus one-off Welcome to Trinity gift of £2,000)
Hours: Full/Part Time
Do you want to help us set the standard for outstanding care?
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Staff Nurse who can drive forward Trinity's vision and values and ensure safe, outstanding care for patients.
Together, the inpatient unit (IPU) team at Trinity makes a real difference to the lives of people affected by serious long-term conditions and helps set the standard for specialist palliative and end of life care.
We offer great training, support and development to our nurses throughout their career with us, in addition to an attractive benefits package, details of which you will find in this listing and by clicking through to our website to apply.
Main duties of the job
- To deliver skilled and compassionate nursing care of the highest quality
- To comply with all relevant professional codes of practice and to conduct all duties in accordance with Trinity’s policies and procedures
- To foster positive working relationships with other departments across the hospice
We are renowned for our patient-centred care which allows us to focus on high-quality nursing standards, giving nurses the time and space to deliver the patient care that inspired them to join the profession.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and are passionate about delivering great care, then this could be the perfect fit for you. Please get in touch about arranging an informal call or visit to find out more about joining the team.
While we welcome previous palliative care experience, we don’t require you to have worked in palliative care before joining us.
Previous Staff Nurses have joined us from backgrounds as diverse as ITU, the community, acute medical wards and care homes.
You are well-placed for a next step in palliative care if you are skilled in communication and symptom control - both skills that are naturally transferrable to Trinity’s unique inpatient environment.
What we ask is that you share our passion for delivering the highest quality palliative care and teamwork.
To provide outstanding care you need outstanding people. So it’s important for us to make sure that our staff are well resourced, trained, supported, recognised and given the development opportunities they need to do what they do best.
Crucially at Trinity, you have the time to care and devote to your patients. Day and night, and you will always have a senior nurse and HCAs to support you.
What's it like as a Staff Nurse on Trinity's Inpatient Unit?
YouTube Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_D2baJlZ8k
Skills and experience required
- Up to date NMC registration
- A willingness to take part in studies in specialist palliative care and develop their clinical experience.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to assess complex needs of patients and plan, implement and evaluate appropriate nursing actions
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of specialist palliative care/ oncology or other related field
- Enjoy working as part of a nursing team
- A passion for working with and supporting the needs of adults with a life-limiting condition, with a real commitment to delivering the highest level of care at all times
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- For permanent Inpatient Unit Staff Nurse roles (Band 5) we offer a ‘Welcome to Trinity’ gift of £1,000 with your first pay packet and a further £1,000 upon successful completion of your probation/confirmation of your post
- We match Agenda for Change/NHS terms and conditions for maternity, paternity and long-term sickness pay
- Length of service for those joining directly from another CQC regulated organisation (NHS, social care, hospice) is recognised in annual leave, maternity, paternity and long-term sickness pay
- A pension scheme is offered with employer contributions of up to 7.5% or a continuation of your existing NHS pension
- A generous 27 days annual leave increasing to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years, plus bank holidays (any bank holidays worked will be given back in lieu)
- Our referral scheme rewards existing Trinity staff if they recommend a candidate for a permanent Inpatient Unit Staff Nurse (Band 5) role and they are successful with their application for a role (terms apply)
- Cycle to work scheme and interest-free season ticket loans available
- Free eyesight test for DSE users and a contribution towards the cost of glasses
- 25% store discount in Trinity shops
- Life assurance cover
- Lots of opportunities to attend exciting and high-profile events e.g. a staff lottery to attend our regular biannual Gala dinner; participating in Royal visits, and the annual summer garden party
- Regular ballots for donated free tickets and prizes
- Access to courses of free counselling on the phone or face to face
Royal Trinity Hospice is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Everyone at Trinity is treated fairly with dignity and respect irrespective of age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, civil partnership status, disability, nationality, race, religion or belief. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation that encourages and supports fairness, respect, equality, diversity, inclusion and engagement (FREDIE) in all its forms.
We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please read our job pack here for more details:
How to apply
If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply via Trinity's external application platform by clicking on the button below. All successful applicants will be subject to DBS, Occupational Health and reference checks.
For an informal chat or visit please contact Rita Samuda, Interim Head of Patient Services at email@example.com or 0207 787 1000.