Location: North London
Type: Agency and Perm available
- 8, 10 - 12-hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Salary: £9.50 to £10.00 per hour
About our client
Our client is a leading specialist in residential care and has been serving the community for over 175 years. It has been rated ‘outstanding’ by the latest CQC report. They offer world class holistic care in a safe, stimulating environment in London.
As a Health Care Assistant, you will participate as a member of the nursing team in providing an efficient and professional service to the residents; ensuring the best possible standard of care at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
Undertaking nursing duties after training and under supervision -:
- Assisting residents in personal care such as dressing, feeding, bathing and hoist lifts.
- Helping residents to walk and transport to other departments and events
- Observing and reporting changes in the general condition of residents
- Treating information given about residents in the strictest confidence
- Helping to maintain the dignity, privacy, individuality, rights and choice of each of the residents
- Reporting any anxieties, problems of residents to Unit/Deputy Manager or Staff Nurse and referring relatives, telephone calls, queries to respective departments
- Knowing the location and utilising and complying with the companies Policy Book and being fully aware of the Care Home’s Fire Procedures and Health and Safety standards
- Participating in in-service and other training in order to ensure the delivery of quality care for residents
- Referring relatives, telephone calls, queries to the Unit/deputy Manager or Staff Nurse as appropriate
- Such other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be required from time to time.
- NVQ Level 2 in Care Desirable
- Experience of caring for older people gained at work, in a voluntary capacity or at home.
- Experience of undertaking a similar role.
- To understand the needs of older people in residential and nursing settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with and for older people.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with a wide range of colleagues.
- Ability to use a range of equipment in providing safe care to residents, after training.
- Literacy and numeracy skills in order to undertake written work associated with the post.
- Ability to work on a rostered shift basis, including evenings, weekends and public holidays and to flexibly respond to the requirement to provide twenty-four hour care.
- Physically fit to undertaken the range of tasks involved in providing a nursing service to residents.
- Weekly pay upon submission of Timesheet
- Excellent shifts
- Routine work / work life balance
- Opportunity for Temp to Perm if required
As a provider of care to the elderly community, the safety of our residents and our employees is of upmost importance. Our residents and staff are tested regularly for COVID-19 with staff being tested weekly.
To find out more, simply register your interest and apply today
Disclosure and Barring Service Check: This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions