London Bridge Hospital, Private Care at Guy’s opened patients in the Cancer Centre at Guy’s Hospital April 2017.
This expansion of the existing London Bridge Hospital operated by HCA Healthcare UK, part of the world’s largest private hospital group, on the top four floors of the Cancer Centre at Guy’s.
This outstanding facility includes; 40 inpatient beds, 9 day case beds, 4 intensive care beds, 4 operating theatres, including the UK’s first integrated robotics theatre and a Da Vinci robot, 18 chemotherapy bays, 5 consulting rooms, X-ray, fluoroscopy and ultrasound, Surgery and treatment in urology, breast and gynaecology and Haematology oncology treatment and care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at London Bridge Hospital Private Care at Guy’s which includes The Chemotherapy Day Unit and a 21 bed inpatient ward which primarily treats patients receiving:
- Systemic anticancer treatments (SACT) including immune directed therapies
- High dose chemotherapy and autologous transplant (for both malignant and non-malignant indications)
- Symptom management
- End of life cancer care
The department is planning to extend its haematology transplant programme to include allogenic transplants in addition to the current autologous transplants we are seeking a dedicated CPF to ensure nurses are trained and have appropriate competencies to care for these patients.
The successful post holder will provide training and development to Registered Nurses (RNs) and will be expected to spend 50% of their time delivering training and 50% in clinical duties.
The ideal candidate will have experience in haematology and stem cell transplantation, be competent in the administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy and support the competency assessments for our chemotherapy day unit RNs and our inpatient RNs in caring for both haematology and oncology patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The CPF actively collaborates and may lead the development of the entire orientation/onboarding process for nursing. This includes participating or leading the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating on-boarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- Provide orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention
- Conduct orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment
- Promote cost effectiveness through implementation of efficient orientation/onboarding practices
- Collaborates with the HCA UK education teams to adjust the program based on evaluation results
- The CPF is responsible to have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency in the clinical setting.
- Assesses clinical practice gaps and identifies learning needs and plans educational content delivery with learner engagement
Skills & Experience
- Haematology experience to include bone marrow/ stem cell transplant
- Oncology nursing experience and competent in the administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy
- 3+ years of experience in clinical education; 3+ years’ experience in nursing specialty in an acute care hospital
- Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field or another learning or development qualification would be desirable.
About The Individual