HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning heathcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
Working within our inpatients paediatric departments will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to develop your existing skills.
The Portland Hospital is renowned for its clinical excellence with our paediatric inpatients covering a variety of specialties including (but not limited to) surgical, neuro-rehab, Gastroenterology, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) and general paediatrics.
With ongoing funding, our paediatric hospitals continue to stay at the forefront of ground-breaking medical and surgical techniques and technology in the UK. Working here, you’ll receive specialist training in working with children and their families in order to provide them with support every step of the way.
As a Paediatric Staff Nurse, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our general medical ward. You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the specialty.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,972 - £36,000 (dependent on Experience) + 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity.
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care.
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed “best practice”.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support.
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues and clinical governance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
About The Individual
As the successful individual, you will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. You will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. You will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!