Flexible Staff Nurse
Flexible Staff Nurse
Cromwell Hospital London
A bit about us
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
About the area you'll be working in
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our patients at the heart of everything they do.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will be have the opportunity to work within a pool of experienced nurses who work across all nursing disciplines. You would need to be flexible to work acrose a diverse number of specialities including Neuro, Oncology, Complex Med, Cardiac and a extensive Surgical remit.
What's a typical day?
No two days will ever be the same in this unique role.You'll be working with different specialisms and interacting with a wide variety of patients and clinicians, utilising the full range of your nursing skills to deliver high quality care to patients.You will work cohesively with all members of the hospital team and promote high levels of clincal competency for our clients. As part of the multi-disciplinary team you will be ensuring the very best service is provided at all times. As part of the pool of float nurses you will be expected to work in all departments within scope of practice and be flexible, adapatable and dependable and at the same time build and maintain positive working relationships with all teams
Who we're looking for?
The individual will require current and varied clinical knowledge across all specialities. They will need to be adaptable to work in all environments and build strong relationships within all the teams. It is essential that the individual has the ability to adapt to varying situations and environments and will be supported by the site lead team on a day to day basis.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in Nursing as you will quickly gain exposure to a wide variety of clinical settings.
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff are trained in the Gold standard framework
- - website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc GBP10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free health assessment
- Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
- Dry cleaning discounts
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
- Paid career breaks
What's it like to work here?
As you'll already know, we want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.