Editorial Assistant - Leading Independent Medical Publishing Company -
Our client is a highly-respected, independent medical publishing company, blending world-class editorial insights with the latest clinical and pharmaceutical news and developments. As a result of their ongoing growth and success, they are now looking for an enthusiastic Editorial Assistant to join their passionate, friendly team in London.
The successful candidate will use their impeccable research skills and medical knowledge to build and develop strong relationships, commission forwards, interviews and reviews, and assist in the commissioning of new and thought-provoking feature content. Reporting to the Editor, you will write reviews, news stories and event content, assists with proofing and editing and ensure that internal and external contributors comply with procedures, specifications and guidelines.
This is a fun, supportive company that has seen phenomenal growth in the last few years and the opportunities for career progression are excellent. They are striving to be the best in their industry and are looking for passionate, positive, proactive people to help them achieve their goals.
- Supporting the Editor, use your medical knowledge, training and research skills to assist in the commissioning of key feature articles
- Assist with proofing and editing
- Commission content for forwards, interviews and reviews
- Research and produce your own review, event and industry news content
- Support the department to ensure that all contributors and team members comply to procedures, specifications and guidelines
Skills and experience required:
- Medical Science related degree
- Excellent writing and English language skills
- Strong IT Skills - MS (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Passionate about medical publishing
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and dedicated team player
- Ability to learn quickly and manage/prioritise a high-volume workload
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to take instruction
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, energetic medical professional with a keen eye for detail and a real passion for publishing. The opportunities for progression are excellent and you can expect ongoing training and coaching and a positive and friendly work environment. There is a competitive salary on offer for the right candidate, which increases regularly at employment milestones. This is a company that believes in hard work, but also in having fun, with monthly target incentives, awards nights and a lively summer ball.
Portman Scott is a highly respected boutique specialist sales recruitment consultancy founded by two highly successful professionals who previously built their own sales teams. All enquiries will be treated with absolute confidentiality. Only candidates currently residing and authorised to work in the UK will be considered.
At Portman Scott, we take your privacy seriously and we only process your personal data in order to provide you with work-finding services. We will never share your details with anyone without contacting you first. You can find our full privacy and data protection policy on our website.