Kent House is a 17-bedded Tier 4 low secure hospital for young people aged 12 - 18 years with mental health, behavioural or psychological difficulties, and an OFSTED-registered school which supports the young people with educational attainment.
The service is set in a rural environment with close links and transport to the local community and amenities.
We provide care for the young people admitted to Kent House Hospital in the least restrictive way and we adhere to the values and principles of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). We are members of the Quality Network for Inpatient Camhs to measure and improve the quality of our care and treatment.
As the Director of Clinical Services for Kent House, you will form part of the hospital Senior Management team and have responsibility for the clinical services operation at the hospital.
You will ensure that a culture where the very highest standards of safety, quality and excellent patient care are consistently delivered.
You will promote an effective working relationship across the multidisciplinary teams
You will ensure timely completion and implementation of action plans in respect of regulatory and corporate requirements
You will drive recruitment and retention plans on site.
What we'd like from you:
• NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)
• Extensive clinical and management experience
• You will be a strategic thinker and demonstrate an understanding of strategic management techniques
• Evidence of relevant professional development both clinically and managerially preferably supported by certification / qualification
• Ability to harness the commitment and potential of others
• Fine tuned decision making skills
• Excellent organisational capability
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Motivated with a strong "can do" attitude
• A role model to other staff - providing advice and support to promote good practice
What we'd like to give you:
• A competitive salary
• Disclosure check cost coverage
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising with years' service
• Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra day's annual leave
• Free on-site parking
• Complimentary Access to our on-site gymnasium
• Online benefits and cashback rewards
• SMART Childcare Vouchers
• SMART Pension option
• Local rewards and recognition programme open to all colleagues
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the required level from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are pu