Director of Clinical Services
Director of Clinical Services
This is a significant opportunity for an aspiring senior leader within mental health care to develop their operational and clinical leadership skills across a range of specialities and to be involved in service innovation and development.
We are seeking to be a responsive and innovative hospital that places care at the heart of everything we do and as such we are seeking a skilled and inspiring leader to join our Senior Management Team.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill, Hassocks BN6 9LE, is located 10 minutes (train/car) from Brighton and is on the main Brighton to London (Victoria/London Bridge/Kings Cross) rail line. It is situated in a semi-rural location on the fringe of Burgess Hill in Sussex.
We currently provide the following services :
- Female Low Secure
- Male PICU
- Male Acute
About the role:
The post holder will be responsible for providing leadership, ensuring safe, high quality and efficient delivery of the day to day operational management of the services.
As a senior leader within the Hospital the post holder will mobilise the energy and commitment of all staff members in order to deliver operational performance and strategic objectives.
Supporting the Hospital Director, you will ensure clinical services comply with statutory regulations and current legislation meet quality standards and deliver against key performance indicators.
You will be expected to manage and develop a highly skilled and motivated workforce through recruitment, selection, development and performance management processes. You will promote an effective working relationship across the multidisciplinary teams and have direct line responsibilities for all heads of departments including Lead Nurses and Lead Therapists.
You will be an influential member of the Senior Management team expected to contribute to the planning of future developments and ensure that the resources and facilities fulfil the requirements of the service
Provide clear focus on business results, maintaining the balance between quality healthcare delivery and sound financial performance
Support the commercial development of clinical services including actively creating new business and innovative opportunities
You must be able to demonstrate leadership, organisation and co-ordination alongside contemporary and current Clinical knowledge to ensure implementation of robust Clinical Strategy; Governance, Models of Care and Interventions. An understanding and experience of Clinical Outcome Measures, Key Performance Indicators and other information that drive up quality and performance is desirable.
- Experience which includes working at Senior Management level
- Experience and knowledge of national best practice standards for Mental Health.
- Broad experience of leading large teams of professional staff within a performance management culture.
- A track record of working in and supporting partnerships with a wide range of internal and external bodies including regulatory and commissioning
- Ability to deal with emergency situations and to formulate effective responses on the basis of sound clinical knowledge
We also offer
- Up to £60,000 per year
- NMC Payment in full
- 34 days holiday
- Free on-site parking and meals
- Sponsorship of professional development and higher learning
- £250 Contribution towards annual CPD
- Support with your Revalidation
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Relocation expenses
- Range of additional benefits including gym membership, IT technology and private healthcare.