Deputy Theatres Manager
Salary: up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience
Pulse is delighted to be working alongside a brand new prestigious private hospital opening in 2020 based in central London to recruit a deputy theatre manager to join their theatre department.
As part of this exciting new hospital, the successful applicant will be working in facilities housing the latest technology and new pioneering equipment not yet used in the UK by any other hospital.
The hospital will house 8 theatres covering all specialities excluding paediatrics.
We are looking for a deputy theatre manager who can demonstrate good leadership skills gained within a busy theatre environment to help manage and lead the operating rooms, staff and care delivery. It is a challenging but rewarding role which would suit someone with a high degree of clinical expertise in the theatre environment and track record of team management.
What we are looking for
- Strong leadership skills to oversee the caregiver team where required in the delivery of patient care, collaborating with other disciplines to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes
- Ability to appraise own performance and develop a plan for improvement and have responsibility for continued professional growth
- Utilise clinical skills to provide direct care and evaluate outcomes, incorporating principles of family centred care
- Someone with analytical critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work autonomously
- Continuous improvement through demonstrating commitment to providing evidence based practice care by adhering to protocols and participating in evaluating patient outcomes by utilizing evidence
The deputy theatres manager will create, lead and be responsible for maintaining a nursing culture which is open to change, new ideas, concepts and innovation. You will establish clinical direction for care delivery, maintain quality of outcomes, monitor budgets and ensure collaboration with academic partners.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing
- Nursing registration through the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health and Care profession council (HPC)
- High degree of clinical expertise in a theatre setting
- Supporting the oversight of an integrated theatres operation with the responsibility of safe staffing and operational running of theatres and anaesthetics teams
- Track record of team management within complex theatres operation
- Display strong critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work autonomously
- Able to manage working in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
What is in it for you
- Generous pension - with a total contribution of up to 15%
- Private healthcare cover - for existing and new conditions
- Being a part of a new exciting hospital, there will be huge career development options
- Life assurance
To discuss further, please do call us on 0207 959 1016
£60000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
020 7959 1016