Deputy Nurse Manager
We are currently recruiting a Deputy Nurse Manager for a leading care home provider at one of their homes in Newcastle.
This home is a high-quality service that provides nursing, residential and palliative care for up to 50 elderly, frail people.
The main responsibility of this role is to support the Registered Home Manager and act as Manager in the absence of the Registered Manager. You will support with the overall management of care within the home, whilst also promoting and maintaining the highest quality of service for the residents through development of person-centred care plans.
To apply for this role, you must have the following:
- Minimum of 2 years' Deputy Manager experience (essential).
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes' policies and procedures.
- Assist the Manager to produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home.
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct and scope of practice and within the homes' policies and procedures.
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- End of Life palliative care.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents.
- Level 4 or Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management of Care Services is desirable but not essential.
- Registered Nurse with valid PIN
- Opportunity for progression within the company.
- Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence.
- On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams.
For full details of this role, please send your CV across and we'll call you for a confidential chat.