Ready for a new challenge driving operational excellence across our services?
You can achieve more at St Andrew`s Healthcare
Salary: Competitive. Total package depending on experience
Location: Northampton base with travel to our other locations
A top 20 UK charity, St Andrew`s is a unique provider of specialist care in mental health and learning disability. We aspire to deliver truly world class, holistic services within our outstanding, modern facilities. Our independence means we can always put patients` interests at the heart of decision making, while re-investing surpluses in frontline services. We are currently transforming the Charity and have introduced Integrated Practice Units (IPUs) as the vehicle to deliver ?Value Based Healthcare`. This will ensure our patients consistently get the best possible outcomes and local teams gain more control and responsibility.
These two newly created roles are designed to help our IPUs achieve operational excellence by providing the best possible service for the patients in our care. Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will provide strategic direction and assurance on the Charity`s operational performance, aligned to our overall strategic goals and objectives.
Your key responsibilities in the role will be:
- Having overall responsibility for the operational performance of your IPUs
- Managing, coaching, guiding and challenging the Clinical Leads of each IPU
- Supporting the COO to set operational strategy to drive performance and increase quality of care
- Leading collaboration across your IPU Leadership teams and our nursing, clinical and enabling functions to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Working with our Chief Nurse, Modern Matrons and Quality team to implement improvements to our nursing services
- Ensuring your IPUs are fully accountable for budget management and managing them to deliver value based healthcare
- Working with the Executive Medical Director and Clinical Directors to maximise the clinical effectiveness of your IPUs
- Leading and contributing to Charity-wide projects
You`ll be an experienced, inspiring and supportive leader with significant experience of working within complex customer-focussed environments. You will be a leader who takes more pride in your teams` successes than your own.
You`ll have excellent commercial awareness and a proven track record of performance improvement and driving innovation and operational change. You will have a strong focus on data and its use in supporting and measuring your teams.
You`ll also have exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills and have the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of our organisation. You`ll ideally have experience within the healthcare sector.
If this sounds like you then we`d love you to apply here. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Dave Anthony, Head of Recruitment.
Closing date: 14 July 2019
Assessment date: TBC
Competitive. Total package depending on experience