Dementia Care Provider (Social worker, admiral nurse, counsellor or ps
Dementia Care Provider (Social worker, admiral nurse, counsellor or psychologist)
Care Visions is looking for a motivated and outgoing qualified person with experience in dementia care, elderly care and healthy ageing to be a key member of a dynamic team developing and delivering our innovative Dementia Care program. Suitable professional qualifications for the role include a social worker, admiral nurse, counsellor or psychologist. Experience of delivering training as well as being a practitioner desirable. Most of the work will be based in London, with some possible travel required to other regions in the UK.
Essential attributes for the role include:
- A passion for person-centred dementia care and practical experience in delivering non-pharmacological interventions and activities for people with dementia.
- A creative thinker with problem-solving abilities to help engage families and clients.
- Sound ability to listen, advise, collaborate and develop relationships with local community partners and families.
- Knowledge and ongoing willingness to learn about dementia and healthy ageing from aspects of public health, case detection, diagnosis, management and non-pharmacological interventions.
- Ability to provide appropriately targeted community lectures and confidence in presenting to families and larger groups in the greater community.
- An outgoing manner to engage with people within community groups at the service delivery level.
- Good and consistent communication skills to facilitate work within a small but dynamic team environment.
- An ability to work autonomously to meet the overall strategic direction and goals of the programs.
- Adaptable and flexible in working with the changing requirements of the program design and implementation to meet the needs of people with dementia and organisations.
- A good bed-side manner in assessing, monitoring, and delivering practical care for people with dementia.
- A team player who will document their work within a structured framework to develop ongoing knowledge and research.
- Willingness to both receive and provide supervision, training and mentoring of other team members when required.
- Willing and able to travel within London on a daily basis to the homes of clients and relevant organisations as well as travel to regions within the UK if required.
- Excellent spoken and written English, with English as a first language.
Essential qualifications and registrations include:
- Qualification as a social worker, admiral nurse, counsellor or psychologist
- Registration to RCN, BASW or relevant professional body.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the practical setting working closely with people with dementia.
Non-essential but advantageous qualifications:
- Post graduate study in elderly care, dementia, or public health
- Experience in physical or occupational rehabilitation
- Experience in delivering training
The salary range is GBP32 - per annum, negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role, please provide us with your contact number with suitable times to contact you and one of our team will give you a call.
Please send a brief cover letter explaining why you fit the needs of this role along with your curriculum vitae to
Care Visions is a leading provider of children's services and in-home care in the UK. In China, Care Visions Dementia Services () has been providing non-pharmacological dementia care and healthy ageing programs since 2016 and are now launching these programs in the UK.
32000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Annual + negotiable depending on experience and qualifications