Build your Medical Career with the UK Leaders in Complex Care
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
Both Christie Private Care and The Christie NHS trust have been inspected by CQC in 2018 and both parties achieved a rating of outstanding
The haematology unit enables nurses to deliver high standards of holistic care to their patients and deal with patients who have a variety of haematological malignancies. This includes the delivery of systemic anti-cancer treatments for acute leukaemia, high grade lymphomas and multiple myeloma and managing side effects of these treatments.
Patient care is consultant led but we have a team of Resident Medical Officers based on the unit 24/7 and we are also supported by a critical care outreach team who support deteriorating patients.
We are actively recruiting for a Consultant Liaison Officer at The Christie Private Care. Our unit is JACIE accredited jointly with the Christie Trust haematology transplant programme and we are excited that we have the opportunity to deliver innovative CAR T cell treatments in the near future. Due to the fact that the haematology unit is a specialised unit we have a clinical practice facilitator who ensures that staff are trained clinically in order to deliver care safely and with competence.
Full time post 37.5 hours ( Candidate must be suitable)
The post holder is responsible for fulfilling the Consultant liaison role for HCA Healthcare UK at The Christie Private Care, namely business and relationship development.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer– HCA Joint Ventures, their goal is to maintain an accessible and productive interface with the various customer groups, primarily Consultants and referring parties. They will support the achievement of strategic growth and development objectives defined by the CEO, in close collaboration with HCA Joint Venture’s Head of Business Development.
The role will cover business development requirements specific to the facility, as well as the fulfilment of HCA-wide initiatives. The post holder will play a key role in the delivery of referral protection and market growth plans, and will be given relevant targets with deliverables measured against agreed metrics.
The role will also support ongoing credentialing compliance for Consultants working at The Christie Private Care. This includes mandatory professional documentation as well as any associated license agreements and professional service agreements. The post holder will be required to assist in developing or completing contractual documentation as and when required.
The post holder will assist in the recruitment of new Consultants and help to maintain existing relationships by being readily available and responsive to their needs.
The post holder will be very familiar with hospital operations, language and roles; with a robust awareness of the legal requirements of the sector; particularly with relation to the Bribery and Corruption Act and the recent CMA findings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Business Development to provide an efficient and effective business development function for the Division – working in close collaboration with the facility’s leadership team.
- Support the analysis of market data for Consultants and service lines, including referral pathway information, ensuring that relationship priorities are identified and acted upon.
- Assist in the compilation of specific target lists focusing on:
- New consultants to join HCA Joint Ventures:
- ‘Splitter’ consultants to move private practice from competitor facilities to HCA facilities and services
- Support the development of Consultants new to private practice
- Support the compilation of reports containing KPI for each facility.
- Facilitate consultant-to-consultant connectivity (meetings, outings, seminars, etc.).
- Increase overall Consultant satisfaction by way of strategic communication and liaison functions to support the ultimate goal and objective of increased consultant loyalty.
- Establish a trustworthy working relationship, including face to face meetings with consultants and their medical secretaries or practice managers, incorporating an understanding of individual preferences and needs.
- Support Consultant-associated compliance management under guidance from the Head of Business Development.
- Support the production and ongoing management of consultant agreements in liaison with Legal and Business Development/Physician Services Departments.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent IT skills: competent in all MS office products (Word,Excel,Powerpoint)
- Previous hospital based experience preferable
- Able to work on own initiative, pro-active and to cope in changing environments
- Ability to research, understand, and explain healthcare services, utilisation, and market data
- Ability to research, understand, and explain market demographics
- Ability to access, understand, and explain Consultant referral patterns
- Ability to navigate PMI providers and understand the UK public and private healthcare systems