Community Psychiatric Nurse - Personality Disorder, London, Good Rates
Hunter Mental Health are providing an amazing opportunity to work in a highly therapeutic, evidence-based role with patients with severe, non-forensic personality disorder in a community setting.
This is a specialist outpatient assessment and treatment service to people living in the borough whose difficulties meet criteria for Cluster B personality disorder. The majority of patients who are referred have difficulties which meet criteria for Emotionally Unstable (Borderline) Personality Disorder.
The service offers direct treatment using the Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT) model. MBT has an excellent evidence base and its use when working with people whose difficulties meet the criteria for personality disorder is recommended by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence. In addition the service also offers liaison to support adults across acute and community, but also can include those who may be transitioning from CAMHS.
The successful candidate will be able to join the team on a locum 3/6 month basis with a strong view to extend and would demonstrate a strong interest in working with people with severe personality disorder in a community setting. Candidates who can demonstrate a track record of working therapeutically with this group who have not yet completed MBT training will be considered providing the candidate can demonstrate the above in their application.
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A valid NMC pin
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
- Experience working in
- UK experience working with mental health teams.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- An enhanced DBS and reference check
- Working a case load of working age adults
- Liaison with out-patient departments and GP surgeries
- Working outside the hospital and visiting clients on home visits
- Monitoring and assessments
Why should you apply?
- Fantastic service
- Full time hours guaranteed across a locum contract
- Competitive pay rates
- Very desirable location
To hear more about this opportunity, please contact Hunter Mental Health today.
Why are we different?
Join the community: be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients
- A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter Mental Health network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Represented by Mental Health sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter Mental Health is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
- Access to exclusive Hunter Mental Health events and discounted CPD.
- As part of the Hunter Mental Health network you receive a welcome pack, and ID badge.
- Customer service, it's a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about.