Community Psychiatric Nurse - Band 6
Community Psychiatric Nurse
Are you a Community Psychiatric Nurse and would you like the opportunity to pick up a longer-term placement at Norfolk and Suffolk? We are looking for imaginative and determined Band 6 Nurses with mental health experience to join the staff bank.
At the Trust, NSFT provides a comprehensive range of community based mental health services for children, adults of working age and adults in later life. NSFT services focus on providing effective interventions using the best evidence available and reducing reliance on inpatient services.
The trust aims to integrate community teams for working-age adults and older people with social care, as well as primary and general health services when possible.
AAT provides a Single Point of Referral (SPoR) service for the whole of Suffolk. We are a multi-disciplinary team with nurses, Social workers, admin and medical staff and accept referrals for people in Suffolk aged 25 and over from GPs and other professional NHS agencies. The referrals are for either an urgent response (72 hour) or routine response (28 day). The team is split into an adult team and a later life team with staff who can specialise to respond to the needs of these client groups. Staff work shifts, either in the duty team (accepting, screening and triaging) or the assessment team, (providing face to face assessment) either at base in Mariner House or at a satellite base across Suffolk. Staff are required to be able to drive.
Duties will include:
- A mixture of direct clinical work, care coordination, groups and team working
- Managing your own caseload
- Deliver a wide range of evidence-based individual and group interventions
- Building rapport with patients and their families as well as with colleagues
Joining the staff bank
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts at your Trust - Access to shifts before they are available to agency
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle - Take control of when you want to work.
- Work this week, get paid next week.
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Book and manage your shifts on the go - Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days - Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme
NHS Professionals Staff Bank
If a hospital cannot supply staff on a ward or area, due to increased demand, sickness, or common staff shortages, they need to call upon Bank staff. NHS Professionals works with trusts to develop 'bank' of highly skilled workers who want to work flexibly with the NHS.
Working through a staff bank helps a trust reduce their reliance on expensive agencies helping their spend go back into healthcare. Right now, we have over 126,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities all saving the NHS over GBP70 million per year which is reinvested back into each client trust.
Successful applicants will:
- Have at least 6 months hospital experience completed in the last 2 years as a Permanent, Agency or Bank General/Adult Nurse in a UK Private Hospital, UK Prison or within an NHS or UK Private Mental Health Community Setting
- Have valid NMC registration
- Knowledge and demonstration of the use of evidence-based care
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to maintain a high standard of record-keeping
- Psychologically minded
Join today ???
Register with us today for Bank membership and look forward to a choice of flexible work and long-term placements opportunities, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in some of the most prestigious NHS trusts in England.
Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.