Clinical Research Nurse
Clinical Research Nurse
Salary - £25,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
Location – Hampstead, North London JR066526
Closing date – 23rd November
Interview dates - ASAP
Brief Job description
- This is an exciting opportunity to join ICON
ICON site network group is a rapidly expanding and dynamic fast track company dedicated to the recruitment and running of clinical trials at its own Research Centres.
We concentrate on quick patient recruitment, high data standards and delivering excellent patient experience resulting in a high level of patient retention. These qualities are what our Sponsors look for in a leading Dedicated Clinical Research Organisation and you can be part of our success story.
This is a great opportunity for a nurse with a keen interest in clinical trials to play an important role in the advancement of new treatments.
As a Research Nurse 1 or 2 you are required to participate in the creation and maintenance of a high-quality clinical research environment.
You will initiate and manage nursing activities related to clinical trials, from initiation to termination, per ICH/GCP guidelines and to ensure the commercial success of the centre by recruiting and maintaining optimum patient numbers.
· Complete all relevant clinical competency training assessments, and attend all relevant research study protocol training, and complete all mandatory training, per the COP’s/SOP’s.
· Perform all visits, observations, safety reporting and interventions with the participants in accordance with procedures and schedule of the study protocol, company SOP’s and policies.
· Stay abreast of all relevant SOPs and regulatory guidance, performing all activities in compliance to these.
· Carry out PIVs efficiently and effectively to optimise patient recruitment.
· Encourage patients to continue within the study, and to participate in future trials.
· Collect, record, verify and enter study data into the source notes, CRF/eCRF, and all associated paperwork, with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ensure that all data queries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner.
· Participates in site and investigator meetings when required.
· Initiates emergency action when required e.g. cardiac arrest, anaphylaxis management, fire, or critical incidents.
The Ideal Candidate
As a successful Research Nurse 1, you will likely have:
· Registration with no limitations to practice within the Nursing and Midwifery Council (Adult)
· Broad post-registration experience
· Some understanding of clinical research
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
· Relevant clinical skills
· Strong motivation and an enthusiastic disposition
A successful applicant for the level 2 position will need previous experience working as a Research Nurse in a controlled medical testing environment.