HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
As the Clinical Practice facilitator for the Lister Hospital you will be part of the development and delivery of the clinical education strategy for the Hospital, working alongside the Chief Nurse and Heads of Dept. You will have the opportunity to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate clinical training to the clinical workforce and provide consistent facility based educational initiatives aligned to evidence based best practice and HCA procedures, so working closely with the corporate L&D team will be very important. This role is important in the achievement of excellence in the delivery of nursing care at the hospital.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The role offers an attractive and competitive dependent upon skills and experience
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Heads of Dept and Chief Nurse with the development and delivery of the clinical education strategy for the Lister Hospital
- Ensure that corporate/ local policies, clinical guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures are complied with by colleagues
- Keep up to date with current best practice within the clinical area
- Develop and promote evidence based practice within the clinical area through educational activities
- Facilitate, design and/or deliver education programme / session according to staff’s educational needs
- Identify external courses relevant to the development of clinical staff
- Liaise with external education providers (e.g. healthcare company representatives) in order to arrange education/training sessions
- Assist with ensuring staff are competent to undertake specific clinical skills within their own area
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Teaching course/Qualification
- NVQ assessor
- BSc /degree
- Leadership Training
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.