HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist provides clinical expertise to the departmental team, you will be responsible and accountable for practice within the clinical area and for delivering a quality service to all stakeholders.
You will be responsible for identifying areas of their service for development; then implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week working Monday – Friday, hours covered will be8am – 6pm on internal rotation
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £40,000 - £51,556 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a highly visible role model to all nurses within the team.
- Liaise in a professional manner with internal and external customers.
- To appreciate and be sensitive to patients’ physical, psychological, spiritual and cultural requirements.
- Investigate incidents and complaints thoroughly, enabling the CEO/CNO to respond within the agreed timeframe.
- Understand the Clinical Governance process in order to minimise risks to patients and staff
- Demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be professionally accountable for own practice as evidenced by the clinical competency framework and in accordance with NMC and HCA guidelines.
- In association with staff assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and complies with NMC and HCA guidelines.
- Ensure that patient dignity and privacy is respected at all times
Skills & Experience
- First level registration at Diploma or Degree level
- Extensive experience within a CNS role
- Post basic qualification in clinical specialty relevant to practice area
- In possession of or working towards first level degree
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification
- Experience of research and audit
- Working towards, or have the intention to do so, a degree at M level
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.