Sarah Cannon Research Institute is a world-leading clinical trials facility specialising in the development of new therapies and precision medication for cancer patients. We believe that participation in a clinical trial is the first step in fighting cancer, not the last.
As the research arm of HCA's global cancer institute, we are the first UK trials unit outside of the NHS that has the ability to offer new anti-cancer drugs in clinical trials.
As the Clinical Research Manager, you will provide clinical consultation at the point of patient consent in conjunction with the Lead Nurse for the study to include holistic overview of the patient’s needs.
You will track patient referrals, enrolment, monitoring and reporting out trends for example screen failures and identifies referral pathway and trend analysis, to include appropriate follow-up to ensure adequate patient referral pathway is maintained and new referral pathways are explored.
You will oversees the patient consenting process and provides quality control and act as the primary point of contact for external requests for information regarding the clinical trials conducted at the DDU.
Please note, this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the execution of trials for the research team.
- Builds and maintains strong pharmaceutical industry sponsor and organizational team relationships for the success of clinical trial management developing trust and maintaining strong relationship
- Actively participate in multi-professional meetings, acting as patient advocate and representing the site views.
- Assist on departmental operations including internal research as well as external research assisting on budgeting, resource forecasting, and research development
- Develop and adhere to timelines to run and execute the enrolment side of Clinical trials components efficiently, for multiple projects at a time.
- Coordinate screening/enrolment procedures according to the research protocol. Acting as a resource and support to patients and their relatives, explaining practical aspects of the trial or study, assisting and supporting local nursing teams
- Meet with Sponsor/CRO’s representative to ensure all study set up procedures are compliant with the study requirements
- Work according to ICH-GCP and research governance standards for clinical trials
- Provides clinical expertise, specialist advice and support across service boundaries.
- Demonstrates skills in conflict resolution and competent negotiation skills when dealing with difficult or challenging situations.
Skills & Experience
- 5 years experience in research and trials coordination, including early phase trials
- Oncology Trials experience
- Previous managment and leadership experience
- Certificate in Oncology Nursing is preferable.