Job Title: Endoscopist
Contract Type: Permanent (Part or Full Time)
Tier 2 visa sponsorship available.
Are you a driven and motivated Endoscopist who would like the opportunity to join a fantastic team at CHEC? We care about our people, and we care about the future of community health and how we can play an innovative part in making this great, with your help.
We are on an exciting journey in expanding our services into Endoscopy. Our services will include gastroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, and haemorrhoidal banding.
We design locally agreed integrated pathways supporting the NHS to provide patient-centred endoscopy services through a one stop service. Each of our centres are purpose-built at central, community-based locations, easily accessed by public transport.
About the Role
The Endoscopist will work independently and autonomously as a JAG accredited expert Advanced Practitioner. Referrals for the service will be from a mix of open access GP and secondary care referred patients and will include the following services.
- Upper GI: OGD including biopsy and Barrett’s surveillance
- Lower GI: colonoscopy including biopsy +/- tattooing, polyp removal (< 1 cm), polyp surveillance, colitis surveillance and post cancer resection surveillance
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy: as for colonoscopy as indicated.
- Banding of haemorrhoids
- Telephone advice to referring clinicians
- Attendance and participation at Company and governance meetings
- Triage of referrals.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Independently manage own endoscopy lists including emergencies and work with the wider CHEC Endoscopy team.
- Exercise and demonstrate advanced levels of clinical judgement, discretion and clinical decision making.
- Be responsible for autonomously diagnosing and reporting benign and malignant gastro-intestinal conditions, discussing the findings of such examinations with patients.
- Plan appropriate patient management including referrals to other centres or discharge.
- Provide management, supervision, teaching, and development opportunities for nursing and other related professionals.
- Ensure safe delivery of services and smooth running of the units together with building a team fit for purpose.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Valid GMC, NMC or HCPC registration
- Significant experience within relevant field, two of which should be at senior level
- Experience of working directly with endoscopy modernization programs i.e., GRS, JAG
- To demonstrate understanding of JAG standards and requirements in an Endoscopy Service
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience
- A passion for high quality patient safety and care
- To be an Independent Prescriber
If you are an experienced Endoscopist who delivers first class patient care and would like a conversation in the first instance, please feel free to arrange a call back from the Resourcing team via email@example.com
Why work for us?
- 28 days plus bank holidays
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Blue light Card- 100’s of discount and cashback options
- Performance reviews with a training and development plan
- Better work life balance – no night shifts
- Dedicated clinical education team
- Industry leading technology
- State of the art hospitals
- Great team and working environment
- Caring- Making life better
- Passionate – A willingness to give our best
- Togetherness– Celebrating what brings us together every day
- Listening – Being the best we can be
- Focus – Always striving for a better tomorrow
Our interviews will be online via Microsoft Teams
Founded in 2012, CHEC has worked in partnership with thousands of optometrists to deliver our shared care partnership model. We are now one of the largest providers of community-based ophthalmology services in the UK.
CHEC have recently expanded into Endoscopy and will continue to serve our patients by providing excellent end to end care as well as supporting the NHS. We consider this one of our USP’s, setting us apart from other independent sector providers as we strive to work in partnership with providers to improve services for all.