As part of our ever-expanding team we are now looking for a passionate and knowledgable Clinical Lead Registered General Nurse to join our Head Office to work with our complex packages.
Established in 2009, Steps Ahead Care & Support Ltd are specialists in providing support to those who have sustained an acquired brain and/or spinal injuries.
Rated twice consecutively as OUTSTANDING by CQC, we work with clients and staff in a collaborative and innovative way to deliver a service of excellence.
Our staff are our biggest asset, and we are always keen for like-minded individuals to join Team Steps to become part of something incredibly rewarding and person-centred.
About the Role:
Your role will include working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to ensure that the holistic needs of all of our clients needs are met and measured against outcomes.
To lead on clinical practice, manage clinical performance of the support staff, and ensure KPIs are met.
You will be working with the clients, their family, and other healthcare professionals alongside our Registered Manager and Care Manager to develop individualised and bespoke care plans for clients who have sustained acquired brain and/or spinal injuries.
Ensure that the coordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual clients’ person centred plans and individual rehabilitation programmes are completed to a high standard.
Support empowerment of the clients with particular regard to their dignity, rights and advice.
To be fully up-to-date with all statutory law and guidelines, e.g outstanding CQC standards, to ensure that the service complies and retains it’s ‘Outstanding’ rating.
Work within The Code as issued by your governing body (NMC).
To work closely with the Registered Manager and Care Manager to respond to matters arising, resolve concerns and provide cohesive leadership
Deputise in the managers absence and attend meetings with external bodies and healthcare professionals as required.
To conduct general risk assessments and review them on a regular basis, in line with Steps Ahead policy and outstanding CQC guidelines.
To conduct client specific risk assessments, in conjunction with other healthcare professionals, Steps Ahead policy and Outstanding CQC guidelines.
You will also be expected ensure all packages of care are reviewed every three months or more frequently in accordance with clinical level.
Provide on-call support to the Office Team and Care Coordinators.
Whilst you will be office based primarily, you will be required to travel to meet our clients, and provide training and development to our Support Workers.
· Scheduled hours: Full Time or Part Time Monday - Friday 0830-1700.
Please note you will be required to complete some evenings and weekends operating our 24/7 on-call service.
What do we offer our team?
· Competitive rates of pay - [£40,000 + per annum and bonuses]
· £200 bonus through the refer a friend scheme
· Access to our 24-hour on call/debrief service
· Free bespoke classroom-based training
· Frequent supervisions and weekly visits with our field supervisors
· Access to a TRiM practitioner if required
· Designated Care Management team and access to our 24-hour on call service
· FREE DBS check
· No uniform, we believe each member of the team should be seen as an individual
· Chance to opt into our pension scheme
· Holiday pay
· Entry into a monthly draw with prizes that supports local businesses
· Opportunities for professional development
· A chance to make a real difference in a person’s life
· We enforce an equal opportunity policy
Requirements for the position:
· Current NMC registration
· Additional acquired brain injury/spinal injury training
·Able to demonstrate excellent understanding of PBS
·Flexible working approach