HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning healthcare provider with 50% of our inspected facilities have been rated 'outstanding' over the last 12 months.
As Clinical Case Manager you will be responsible for assessment, continued review and coordination of discharge planning activities and utilisation review via conferring with all parties involved and identifying appropriate options. You will work closely with various healthcare professionals to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care options and services that meet the patients’ health needs; while working closely with third party payers to keep them appraised of their patients’ condition and needs; obtaining authorization for treatment as required.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is upto £45,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform utilization reviews for all managed Care patients as appropriate
- Resource/liaise between patient, hospital, physicians and third party payers to optimise patient’s treatment
- Promote effective resource utilization and appropriate levels of care
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to coordinate patient’s care plan and full discharge planning
- Demonstrate behaviour supportive of team achieving department goals
- Track and trend denial and appeals to identify issues and develop action plans for resolution
- Act in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act to protect patient privacy
- Support Case Manager team, serving as back up resource as required
Skills & Experience
As a registered general nurse with substantial post graduate experience, you will ideally have experience of utilisation review. Experience of managing multiple stakeholders across a multitude of seniority, you will also possess excellent communication skills and have a dynamic approach to problem solving.
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate sensitively with people from all cultures and backgrounds; and will have a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will be proactive and highly organised as they will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!