Children and Adolescent Mental Health Nurse
Pay: £14.21 - £22.73 per hour
Trust Location: Greater Manchester Mental Health
We are all NHS Professionals... could you be?
Work the days you want to work
Are you searching for a career/job that gives you control of your day, time and location?!
We are NHS Professionals (NHSP), working together to care for patients in the NHS. Providing you with the power to decide when, how, and where you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle and making you feel part of the team and community.
As a member, you’ll have fantastic benefits:
· Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
· Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go – access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
· Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
· Multi-locational - work across neighbouring Trusts
· First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust – access before they are made available to agency
· Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
· Training and development opportunities
· Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
· Stakeholder pension scheme available
About the Trust – Rated ‘Good’ in their most recent CQC report, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care for Bolton, Manchester, Salford, Trafford and Wigan. The Trust also provides a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services for patients from Greater Manchester and beyond. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city, Greater Manchester has something for everyone.
What you’ll be responsible for
· Assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care
· Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns
· Ensuring the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment
· Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempt to understand the source of their discomfort
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the above.
You’ll have the following qualification/experience:
· A minimum of 6 months paid experience in an Acute hospital environment within the last 3 years
· Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
· Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
· Undertake regular mandatory training*
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in places to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities' organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.