Chief Nursing Officer
We would like to invite an exceptional individual to join our staff as Chief Nursing Officer to join our ground breaking healthcare facility in Nigeria, West Africa!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Board and to play a major role in the leadership team.
African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) has announced the commencement of its African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) project in Abuja, Nigeria. It will provide excellent healthcare to both low and high-income patient groups across the continent. The AMCE in Partnership with King's College Hospital London will be located in Abuja, which is a hub for travel in Nigeria and West Africa, enabling it to attract patients across the region.
You will have a proven track record at a senior level working with the corporate and hospital clinical teams to develop and implement the group wide strategic objectives to the highest standards and to improve the care and experience of patients, carers and the wider healthcare system.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced as Chief Nurse or Senior Director of Clinical Services, with experience of working with a strategic and commercial focus in a healthcare environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient safety systems and processes including clinical risk, governance and safeguarding of vulnerable people.
- Hands on approach to management with a clear passion to deliver the best patient experience.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and effectively managing change in large complex environments.
- Contributes to and provides an invaluable contribution to the Board's corporate strategy and agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide dynamic managerial and clinical leadership to the nursing and AHP professions in the AMCE and play a major role in building high calibre, high performing multidisciplinary clinical teams.
- Leading Safeguarding and Infection Control processes, procedures and implementation across the AMCE.
- Leading on continuous improvement in quality, patient safety and patient experience across the AMCE.
- Ensure Education and Training programmes and opportunities are available and delivered within the AMCE across Nursing and AHP staff groups.
- Ensure clinical objectives are achieved in line with the AMCE’s Clinical Service Strategy and operational priorities.
- Develop effective nursing leadership across all services, ensuring they are highly motivated and responsive to the needs of staff, patients and the public.
- Take the lead role in ensuring continuous improvement in quality, clinical governance, patient safety and patient experience across the AMCE.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of education
- Educated to master's degree level in health related subject or equivalent
- Qualified Registered Nurse (RGN / RN)
- Current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Registration or equivalent
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a diverse team
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Accommodation Allowance
- Annual Flight allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance
- Indemnity insurance
- Exclusive Memberships
Potential applicants must have passion and drive to ensure that the AMCE, Abuja aspires to the same standards King’s College Hospital is renowned for.
If you feel you are suitable for this role and the prospects of joining a truly ground breaking facility excites you, please contact Natasha Elliott for a confidential conversation or email your CV and covering letter to
Senior Recruitment Specialist,
King’s Commercial Services