Close: 08 June 2023
Salary: £31,540 to £39,990 per annum
About the role and our team
Join our dedicated nurse-led team on the Eric and Marion Scott Oncology Day Unit as a Chemotherapy Nurse!
Our state-of-the-art oncology unit opened in 2019, and we provide 11 treatment chairs for systemic anti-cancer therapies and an on-suite for supportive treatments. We have a Macmillan Acute Oncology nurse-led service and nurse-led PICC placement service.
Currently our clinical team consists of a range of roles including (but not limited to) Macmillan Acute Oncology Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Acute Oncology Support Nurse, Senior Sister Chemotherapy, Chemotherapy Sisters, Chemotherapy Nurses and Health Care Assistants. We are expanding our team to support current patient needs and service demands.
In this role, you will be responsible for the patients attending the infusion unit, administering systemic anti-cancer therapies and support therapies. Working alongside the Senior Sister and Chemotherapy Sisters, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career in haemato-oncology and further train in the care of haemato-oncology patients.
If you would like to work with a supportive team in a dynamic, well-established but continually developing unit, then come and join our team where no two days are the same!
What can this role offer me?
- By joining us you’ll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS.
- We are a nurse-led unit which allows nurses to develop skills and competencies and reach their full potential.
- We offer competitive salaries which tend to be higher than UK salaries with opportunities for annual pay increases for many roles.
- Take advantage of the excellent opportunities we provide for personal and professional development! This includes the use of our Learning, Education and Development Centre and the fantastic range of fully funded courses we support.
- You will enjoy generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days and 10 public holidays
- For candidates not on the Isle of Man we will reimburse your interview expenses and give you a relocation package of up to £9,000 to get you, your things and your family to the island. You will also be eligible for housing assistance to help contribute towards your mortgage or rent on the island
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a refund on your national insurance contributions made in your first year, this could be up to £4,000!
- We have free on-site car parking at Noble’s Hospital and can be flexible with what days you work within the week.
Manx Care Award
If you’re a newly-qualified Nurse, did you know that Manx Care was shortlisted for a prestigious Nursing Times Workforce Award in the ‘Preceptorship Programme of the Year’ category?
This was for the Preceptorship programme which was established to support its newly-qualified Registered Nurses and Midwives throughout their first year of work.
You can read more about the programme and the award here: https://bit.ly/3tUUItU
About the Island and relocating
Here you can enjoy a fantastic quality of life, and an excellent work-life balance! There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities; so if you like walking, mountain biking, sailing or kayaking, you’ll have lots of places to explore!
There are also lots of great cafes, bars and restaurants, and you can enjoy the Island’s real sense of community. The island is well connected to the UK, and you’ll also benefit from low income tax rates (20% maximum rate).
To find out more about the Island and the lifestyle you could enjoy here, take a look at Locate Isle of Man’s guide to moving to the Isle of Man here.
If you are relocating or returning to the Island, you can also benefit from the National Insurance Holiday Scheme, which allows you to apply for a refund on your NI contributions for your 1st year of living here. To see how this scheme could benefit you, and to find out more about relocating to the Isle of Man, visit www.locate.im.
A relocation package of up to £9,000 based on receipts is available for this role. Housing Assistance is also available where the Department will pay the difference between your current mortgage/rent bill, and that of your new accommodation on the Isle of Man, up to a maximum of £250 per month. This role also qualifies for a recruitment incentive of £3,000, payable in the 1st, 13th, and 25th months of employment.
Please note a enhanced with barring police check is required for this post, which Manx Care will cover the cost of for you. Please note if you have lived for more than 6 months outside of the UK in the last 5 years, you will be required to obtain a Letter of Good Standing from the appropriate authorities in the relevant locations, please read the guidance about how to obtain this letter.
A uniform will also be provided.
How to find out more and apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification, alternatively contact Suzanne Mackenzie on 01624 650055 or Suzanne.Mackenzie@nobles.dhss.gov.im.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 08 June 2023.