I am recruiting for a Ward Sister/Charge Nurse (RMN/RNLD) with significant post registration experience to join this specialist service providing support to both male and female patients with enduring mental health illness. My client is an independent, private mental health group which provides care to patients with forensic histories or who have been detained under the Mental Health Act. You will be caring for those with illness including diagnoses of functional, organic and co-morbid mental health illness.
You will have experience working in a similar senior role or in a hospital or locked rehab unit. As Ward Sister/Charge Nurse, you will be both supporting and delivering specialist, high dependency and functional rehabilitation for adults with enduring and complex illness. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading a team in the provision of expert recovery-focused care to those with multifaceted mental health needs and behavioural issues including challenging behaviour.
The benefits of this Ward Sister/Charge Nurse (RMN/RNLD) role include:
- Generous salary package
- Paid breaks
- Travel paid at 20p per mile
- Relevant training and development
- Support through Revalidation
As Ward Sister/Charge Nurse (RMN/RNLD), you will be competent across a range of clinical skills as well as being a confident leader who is competent in pushing and challenging a team to provide the highest levels of care. You will have a clear understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 while being competent in formulation-based care and being committed to enhancing the quality of life of the patients in your care. In your role, you will be assessing, planning and supporting the provision specialist therapeutic and person-centred treatment to those with enduring mental health diagnoses.
Responsibilities for the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse - RMN/RNLD:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RMN/RNLD)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
£17 - £19 per hour