Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
You could join our team and receive a £5000 Golden Hello - Read below for more information.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, PICU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team. If you were successful in applying to work with us, we offer a comprehensive orientation and training programme to equip you will the knowledge and skills required to provide our patients with the highest quality of care.
With on site parking, meals provided whilst working, free use of our onsite gym and easy access to vibrant Brighton and London what's not to like!
As a Charge Nurse at Burgess Hill you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals making an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, mentorship and Appraisal.
Our Charge Nurse role involves:
- Being a clear leader for the Nursing team and managing shifts
- Providing high quality care in acute wards, low and medium secure wards, with patients suffering from personality disorders and enduring mental illness; and acute episodes of illness
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
- Promoting professional development within the team
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
- - RMN / RNLD / RMNH
- Experience in a supervisory role
- A recognised mentoring certificate
- The ability to assess and teach junior staff
- A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
Some of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
- Free car parking and Free meals whilst on duty
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Sign on bonus
£1000 on joining
£1000 after 6m probation
£1000 after 1 year service
£1000 after 2 years' service
£1000 after 3 years' service
Total = £5000 over 3 years
- £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity
£40,289 per year