HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened Private Care at Guys, an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Cath Lab Manager to lead a team which provides specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac catheter laboratory procedures and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment.
Reporting into the Surgical Services Manager, you will be responsible for all staff within the Cath Lab department, both clinical and non-clinical and have responsibility for delivering key performance targets associated with catheter laboratory, including financial, accessibility, forward planning, business development and quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To operationally manage and provide leadership to the multi-disciplinary catheter laboratory team ensuring a high quality service is delivered to all patients at all times
- Taking accountable for the Cath Lab, effectively managing, interpreting and explaining complex data linking expenditure to income
- Lead and manage the multi-disciplinary team, conducting appraisals, developing PDP’s, devising teaching packages to ensure all staff within the department have the correct competencies for their roles and performance manage as necessary
- Maintain clinical responsibilities without detriment to managerial duties and responsibilities
- Use advanced clinical skills and experience to help assess, develop and implement specialist cardiac working practices
- Proactively participate in the evaluation of the service, collecting, analysing and presenting relevant data to identify, recommend, implement and review all aspects of the service
- Communicate with patients and relatives using empathetic skills in stressful situations
- Take responsibility for keeping own skills and knowledge up to date, actively participating in maintaining own professional development, identifying own educational and Clinical training needs in conjunction with Surgical Services Manager
Skills & Experience
- Clinical qualification – must be NMC registered with IV cannulation experience.
- Extensive experience within Cardiac Catheter Laboratories
- Previous management experience if preferred.
About The Individual