HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
At HCA Healthcare UK we have a large Cardiac Network, providing world-class cardiac care across multiple hospitals and facilities, these include but are not limited to; The Wellington Hospital, London Bridge Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. With this comprehensive network we have the facilities and expertise to diagnose, treat and support the recovery of patients with all forms and stages of cardiac disorders/failure.
We are currently recruiting for Staff Nurses and Senior Staff Nurse to be part of these growing clinical teams consisting of world renowned experts from top NHS institutions in London. You will have the ability to grow and develop your nursing career, academically and professionally, whilst working at the forefront of the cancer healthcare industry.
We are recruiting for Staff Nurses and Senior Staff Nurses to work across our cardiac wards and cath labs across our hospitals. You will be providing care for cardiac patients from diagnosis, collaborative treatment planning, chronic pain control, to integration into the community and end of life care.
This rewarding and yet challenging role allows empathetic and caring nursing to utilise the full range of nursing skills from diagnosis support, patient and relative education, administering chemotherapy and treating all illness related symptoms, medically, physically, emotionally and mentally.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week on internal rotation to include days, nights and weekends.
Staff Nurse Salary: £31,630 - £35,822 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 9% enhancements.
Senior Staff Nurse Salary: £35,673 - £40,401 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 9% shift enhancements.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating high standards of nursing care for cardiac patients.
- Working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for the Sister in their absence.
- Acting as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team.
- Contributing to research based care and other practice development initiatives.
- Recording and interpreting ECG as well as care for patients with chest drains, Epidural PCA and Femoral sheath removal.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with full NMC registration.
- Leadership/mentoring experience.
- Experience in the field of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and/or Cardiothoracic surgery.
- Ability to recognise cardiac rhythms.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.