BANK STAFF NURSE
255 Lichfield Road is a modern, purpose-built mental health hospital that is specifically designed to support both male and female service users on their recovery journey.
The flexible accommodation at 255 Lichfield Road consists of two, four-bedded intensive support apartments and 20 self-contained bungalows. It also provides safe and private grounds, therapy and treatment areas, family visiting room, communal bistro, nature reserve and kitchen. The service also has a dedicated occupational therapy facility to promote independent living skills.
- Providing a quality of care to each individual that is of a high standard, being sensitive to individual abilities, respecting privacy and catering for social, emotional, religious and cultural needs whilst encouraging a comprehensive programme of ordinary living with an emphasis on self-help skills.
- Participating in the assessment of changing care needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Participating in the key worker system.
- Discussing and agreeing on care programmes with other community services.
- Fostering good relations and lines of communication with other disciplines/services/agencies involved with individuals' care.
- Keeping abreast of developments and current trends when caring for people who have a Learning Disability/Mental Health Problem/behaviours that challenge.
- Ensuring that the NMC standards for drug administration, storage and handling of medication are adhered to.
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing relationships between parents, relatives and friends of the service users and staff at the home.
- Promoting access to an independent advocacy for the individual.